Photobucket

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Little Light

At Chuck E. Cheese for Opie's birthday get-away day

I wouldn't blame you if you thought my blog had turned into gloom and doom. 

It's a heavy season of life.

But, seasons pass. 

And just to show you that God throws a little light into the darkness, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite light moments lately:

Opie, being silly.

Austin loves playing the game "Wipe Out" on the Wii. He and Jayden were playing it the other day while I was in another room reading my Bible. I overheard them talking so sweetly to each other. (which is reason to celebrate in our home...) 

Jayden said, " You're the best brother ever." Austin replied, "You a good buddy. Oh my gosh! It went towards me. Your turn!" When they won the game, Austin shouted, "We just won a hunj-chousan-dah'yers!" 

______________________________________________________


Jayden gave me advice when he saw I was a little overwhelmed. It was advice I'd previously given him. He said, "Mom, don't worry about tomorrow because today has enough trouble of it's own." (Matthew 6:34) 

Glad something good I said is sticking with him, though, right?!?! 

______________________________________________________


I found out my Mom is wanted for pillow thievery. Hilarious long story that made me laugh 'til I cried.

I love when hilarious stories are God's way of bringing a little light into our dark moments. :)

Peanut, at a Scranton, PA Trailblazers game. Who can be down when you are at a ballgame with Spiderman and Cracker Jacks? 

Lord, in the dark, allow me to see the light moments. Thank you for laughter. For sunshine. For my family. And for being a God who loves to make me smile even in the midst of trials. I love you. 


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you on Saturday.
    Love, Sharon

    2 Corinthians 4:17
    For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.

    1 John 1:5
    This is the message we heard from Jesus and now declare to you: God is light, and there is no darkness in him at all.

    Isaiah 45:3
    "I will give you the treasures of darkness And hidden wealth of secret places, So that you may know that it is I, The LORD, the God of Israel, who calls you by your name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, what precious scriptures you shared! I love you lady. Ready for a Sharon hug!

      Delete
  2. Oh, for the light that is so very needed in the midst of our dark times. I love how you adore your boys and how much light they bring to you. Precious! I MUST hear the pillow theivery story. No! We ALL must hear it. Tell it. Tell it. Tell it. (We won't turn her in. Promise.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if my comments are getting to you - but Oh how we all need the light in the midst of our dark times. Must. Hear. Pillow Story! And, the light your boys bring into your life is a precious gift, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting your comments! I was just getting a lot of electronic responses from other websites, so I had to make it to where I moderate the comments. I am hearing you loud and clear chick!

      Delete